Sunday, August 03, 2008

Where is Ruth :)


Although I've missed a number of AOY meetings this year due to health issues with my Mom, I'm still keeping busy in between with my photography.

Some exciting things have been happening with my photography in 2008.

The article on the left was written about me in the March/April issue of Homes and Land Magazine of Bucks and Montgomery Counties.

I was the featured artist at this years "Tyler Tasting" event held at the Tyler Mansion on the grounds of Bucks County Community College in June which raises funds to maintain the historic mansion.
I had been commissioned to take seasonal pictures of the mansion which were framed by Countryside Gallery in Newtown. The collage of 4 seasons is now hanging inside the mansion with all the past featured artists.

My husband Steve and I have been participating in a number of Bucks County Art shows and still have a few more in the coming months.

Some of the shows/exhibitions:

House of Coffee - Peddlers Village - February to present, Continuing display
Sayen Gardens Azalea Festival - featured artist - May
Quakertown Arts Alive - May won the "Essence of Bucks County" award for my work.
Peddlers Village Fine Art show - June
Tinicum Art Show - July
Michner Art Museum's Senior Artists Initiative - August

September
Doylestown Art Festival
9th Annual Peace Fair Art Show at Buckingham Friends Meeting
New Hope Art Festival

http://www.pbase.com/reflectionsbyruth/about

See you in September :-)